India will now play a three-match T20 series against the upbeat Aussies. Having lost the ODI series 4-1 to the mighty Australians, MS Dhoni & co. will look to bounce back strongly in the T20 series.
It is but obvious that during the T20 series, fans can expect some fierce battles between the players from either sides.
Let us have a look at some of the key battles that one can expect during the 1st T20 which will be held at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday:
1. Virat Kohli vs James Faulkner - The banter between these two started of during the third ODI at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) when Kohli totally owned Faulkner by saying, "I have smashed you enough in my life, do not waste your time and go bowl!" Kohli went on to thrash Faulkner in the fourth ODI at Canberra as well. The world will be waiting to see a fierce battle between Kohli and Faulkner during the 1st T20 on Tuesday. Kohli, who is in superb form with the bat, is expected to get the better of Faulkner.
2. Yuvraj Singh vs John Hastings - Yuvraj is Back in the T20 squad and he is one player, who used to send shivers down the spine of Australian bowling lineup. To send him back to the pavilion, Australia's T20 skipper Aaron Finch will have to take help from his striker bowler. Currently, John Hastings has been very handy with the ball in picking up crucial wickets and he will be welcoming Yuvi with some of his fierce bouncers may be.
3. Chris Lynn vs Ravindra Jadeja - The swashbucking right-handed batsman has notched up 378 runs in eight matches at an average of 54.0. The strike rate is even more astonishing - 173.39. Lynn has arrived to threaten the existence of the Indian bowling lineup and there is probably one man who can tackle the likes of Lynn and that is Ravindra Jadeja. The left-arm off spinner has done decently during the ODI series with the ball and it will be interesting to see whether Jaddu can keep Lynn quiet in the first T20 on Tuesday.
4. David Warner vs Harbhajan Singh - One of the most destructive batsmen will be up against one of the most experienced off-spinners of the game. Warner vs Bhajji - what an encounter will it be. Looking at the form of Ashwin, it is likely that Dhoni might opt for Harbhajan because he will bring in a lot of depth to the side and also he can tackle someone like Warner with his doosras and other variations. A rolicking encounter is on the cards for sure for the fans.
5. Suresh Raina vs Kane Richardson - The attacking left-handed batsman is back in the T20 squad after being dropped from the ODI. He is primed to prove his worth during the T20 series. He has also said that he is backing India to whitewash the mighty Aussies in this upcoming series. Richardson will probably be the bowler Finch will set up against someone like Raina. Richo will be aware that Raina has had problems with the short pitch deliveries in the past and he will look to trouble him few during the 1st T20 at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday.