The much-awaited HTC One (M9) aka Hima is read for unveiling, though its release date has still not been revealed. It will be announced on Sunday, 1 March, at the Mobile World Congress 2015 (MWC 2015), in Barcelona.
Going by reports that have surfaced so far, HTC One (M9) is expected to boast good specifications. It is expected to have several feature upgrades over its predecessor, HTC One (M8). Here are some of them:
1) Display: HTC One (M8) sports a 5-inch display and its successor HTC One (M9) may also come with same screen size and resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (441 ppi pixel density). However, One (M9) is expected to be protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and come with HTC Sense UI 7.0, while its predecessor is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and come with HTC Sense UI 6.0.
2) Processor: HTC One (M9) aka Hima is expected to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 precessor clocking at 1.5 GHz, while its predecessor has Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chip that clocks at 2.3 GHz.
3) Operating System: HTC One (M8) runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat (upgradable Android 5.0 Lollipop), while its successor may come with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
4) Memory: HTC's upcoming flagship smartphone is expected to come packed with 32 GB internal memory, 3 GB RAM and microSD up to 128 GB, while its predecessor has 16/32 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM and microSD up to 128 GB.
5) Camera: HTC One (M8) houses Dual 4 MP main camera with 2688х1520 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED and 5 MP front snapper, while the next-generation smartphone is expected to have a 20.7 MP main camera with 5376 x 3752 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED, and 4 MP UltraPixel front snapper.
6) Battery: The upcoming flagship device could be powered by a non-removable Li-Po 2840 mAh battery compared to the non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery seen in its predecessor.
Both the devices will have features similar to Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, microUSB v2.0, and USB Host. However, HTC One (M9) is expected to support VoLTE, Carrier Aggregation and LTE Category 6 up to 300Mbps for Download, 50Mbps for Upload, Bluetooth 4.1, and BoomSound speaker, according to a report by Upleaks (via GSM Arena).