India's one of the best singers Sonu Nigam turns 42 on 30 July. The singer, who started his career in music at the age of four, has touched great heights in the industry.
From his hit albums to mesmerising songs, Sonu Nigam has captured millions of hearts over the years.
Let's take a look at some lesser known facts about Sonu Nigam on his birthday:
- Sonu began his singing career at the age of four, when he joined his father Agam Kumar Nigam to sing Mohammed Rafi's 'Kya Hua Tera Wada' on stage.
- He has not only sung in Hindi but in several languages, including Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Nepali.
- Apart from singing, he has appeared in films as well. His made his movie debut as a child actor in "Betaab" in 1983. Later, he was featured in films like "Love In Nepal", "Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani" and "Kash Aap Hamare Hote".
- He has also given Hindi voice overs for Hollywood animated films "Aladdin" and "Rio".
- He was ranked No. 1 artist in the US Billboard Uncharted charts twice in 2013.
From "Abhi Mujhme Kahi" from "Agneepath" to "Har Ghadi Badal Rahi Hain" from "Kal Ho Na Ho", listen to Sonu Nigam's hit songs below: