Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is still young at heart, turns 73 on 11 October. The actor has never failed to charm viewers with his style and looks.
He is one of the yesteryear actors who has not stopped entertaining his audience and he is one of the leading actors of the current league as well.
Amitabh has a wonderful family including wife Jaya, son Abhishek, daughter Shweta, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai and granddaughter Aaradhya.
Son of famous Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Big B has always updated his fans about what is going on in his life and has been an open book to his well wishers.
But there are few facts that are not known to everyone. Take a look at the actor's lesser known facts below:
- His original name was Inquilaab, inspired by the phrase 'Inquilaab Zindaba'. But later his father changed his name to Amitabh.
- Big B is ambidextrous, which means he can write with both hands.
- He was the first Asian actor to have his wax model displayed at Madam Tussauds in London.
- He is very dedicated and punctual towards his work. It is said that many a time he turned up before the gatekeeper and opened the gates of Filmistan Studios.
- He wanted to become an engineer and was keen to join the Indian Air Force.
- Big B was linked to Rekha and their alleged love affair made headlines for a long time. It is said that "Silsila" starring Amitabh, Rekha and Jaya Bachchan, is based on the love triangle of the three.
- Amitabh, who is famous for his baritone, was rejected by All India Radio.
Check out the above slideshow of Amitabh Bachchan's rare photos.