Rockstar is keeping the upcoming GTA 5's PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions special for returning PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players. The game will have a clutch of exclusive features which will greet players who return to these new platforms.
The developer calls this as its means of rewarding loyal GTA 5 fans and explains that these will be "connected to activities designed for you to experience the game's massive world in new and exciting ways".
These features will add new events, vehicles and weapons. Players will be able to unlock rewards after completing specific events. Each of the three protagonists in GTA 5 Online will have events designed for them. Here are the events (Newswire):
- Murder Mystery - Michael will follow the "cryptic clues" that will eventually lead him to a murder mystery. If players controlling the character are able to club these clues they will be unlocking two Noir Style Filters.
- Wildlife Photography - Across the Los Santos and Blaine County, players controlling Franklin can give a helping hand to LS Tourist Board in their efforts to document these new species of animals. Players will have to catalog unique animal species. Completion of this challenge will let them unlock a special Kraken Submarine.
- Stock Car Races - Players can compete in stock car races to earn special custom Muscle Cars that will have logos of some of the famous American companies.
- Monkey Mosaics - Players will have to photograph and track down a mysterious street artist who has been tagging walls across the town. Completion of this event will earn players monkey outfits and special Go Go Monkey Blista.
- Imponte Duke O'Death vehicle and Dodo seaplane – gained after coming across them in-game and dealing with the challenges they each present.
- Cheval Marshall monster truck
- Xero Gas Blimp
- Rail Gun - comes with own unique set of Ammu-Nation Shooting Range Challenges
- Hatchet (melee weapon)
Rockstar also stated that players who pre-order the game will get a bonus of 1 million GTA money ($500k for Story Mode and $500k to use it in Grand Theft Auto Online). Players will also be able to bring over their GTA Online characters, progress and any Jobs into the next-generation versions.
Rockstar further confirmed that GTA Online on these new platforms will support 30 players in both Free Roam and competitive modes.
GTA 5 will release on 17 January 2015 for PC and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 18 November 2014.