Google Daydream View is Google's next Virtual Reality headset following the success of Google Cardboard. Daydream was released on November 10 and has many features that differentiate it from its predecessor, Cardboard.
Google felt the need for an evolved and comfortable VR after the low-cost VR device, Cardboard sold up to 5 million units.
Reports have noted that Daydream View costs $79. The product is available only in some countries.
Though Daydream View will be compatible with some of the new smartphones, Google Pixel will be the first official Daydream compatible handset.
Daydream View will have strong competition from Loop VR by OnePlus
Here are some of the thing you need to know about Google Daydream:
- Daydream view consists of VR headset and controller.
- Controller helps in moving naturally and lets you play a part in the video games.
- The headset is made from lightweight, breathable fabric. The material is made up of soft cloth and foam.
- The headset is compatible with smartphones featuring Operating System Android 7.1 Nougat and above. Currently, ZTE Axon 7, Pixel and Pixel XL, Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be compatible.
- It has a 220 mAh battery which can run up to 12 hours.
- It comes in three colours: Slate, Crimson and Snow. The last two colours are yet to arrive in markets.
- The device supports fast charging, USB type-C connector and NFC.
- The device has a 9 axis IMUs for precision tracking, wireless, Bluetooth low energy sensors.
- It features apps like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Gunjack 2, Danger Goat, Fantastic Beasts, Where to Find Them and more.
- The device is available in five countries: United States, Canada, UK, Germany and Australia.