The world of the first-person-shooter game on the mobile platform is split between PUBG and Fortnite. While PUBG raids success among Android users, Fortnite is the favourite for iPhone and iPad users. After PUBG went offline for several hours to introduce some notable changes, Fortnite players are also being treated with a series of new features, weapons, gameplay and much more.
The only downside to Fortnite's new changes is that its players won't be able to access the game for several hours starting 1:30 p.m. IST (9 a.m. BST). But if you can survive the downtime, there are a series of surprises waiting for you as a part of the latest Fortnite v5.10 update.
The latest Fortnite update also celebrates the game's first birthday and in one year it has amassed more than 125 million players from around the world. Owing to this popularity, Epic Games is bringing birthday-special challenges, which involve playing 14 matches to unlock 5,000XP, unlock Happy Birthday! Spray by dancing at different birthday cakes and dealing 1,000 damage to opponents to unlock the Fortnite Birthday! emoticon, the Independent reported. Upon completing all three challenges, players will earn the Birthday Cake Black Bling. This is a limited-period celebration and ends on August 7.
Fortnite's latest update brings new weapons, outfits for founders and more. Below is the complete change-log in Fortnite v5.10: (via Polygon)
Here are just some of the things you can expect to see included in Fortnite Update v5.10:— Fortnite Battle Royale Servers & Updates (@FortniteBattle) July 23, 2018
▪️Slurp Juice getting buffed
▪️New Compact SMG
▪️New Outfits for Founders
▪️#Fortnite1st Birthday Challenges
▪️& More#Fortnite server downtime will begin at 9am BST / 1am PT. pic.twitter.com/VBqVO9KZHt
Playground Mode is back
• Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
• Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
• Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
• Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
• Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
• Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
• Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
• Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
• Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
• Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
• Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
• Added 100 Supply Drops.
• Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
• Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
• Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
• Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
• Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.
• Drop into the Battle Royale map alone or with up to a full squad for an hour.
• Players respawn immediately unless eliminated by the Storm.
• The Storm doesn't start closing in for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close in.
• Resources gained from harvesting increased by ten times the normal amount.
• 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map.
• Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100% of the time.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Compact SMG added.
• Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
• 23-24 base damage.
• Uses Light Ammo.
• 50 round capacity.
• Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops and Vending Machines.
• Slurp Juice now grants 1 health every 0.5 seconds, up to a total of 75. If health is full, shield will be granted instead.
• Supply Drop loot rates adjusted.
• Weapons (drops 1)
• Assault Rifles to 25% from 14.2%.
• Explosives to 25% from 28.5%.
• Compact SMG 14.58%.
• Sniper Rifles to 14.58% from 28.5%.
• Heavy Shotgun to 10.42% from 7.1%.
• Minigun to 10.42% from 14.2%.
• Removed Hand Cannon, Dual Pistols, and Silenced Pistol.
• Traps (drops 2)
• Launch Pad to 44.44% from 9.6%.
• Cozy Campfire to 33.33% from 7.5%.
• Bouncer to 22.22% from 15%.
• Removed Damage Traps.
• Consumables (drops 2)
• Shield Potion to 20% from 19.1%
• Small Shield Potion to 17.50% from 12.7%
• Med Kit to 13.75% from 6.3%
• Slurp Juice to 11.25% from 5.11%
• Clinger to 10% from 6.3%
• Remote Explosives to 10% from 3.3%
• Impulse Grenade to 10% from 4%
• Chug Jug to 7.5% from 2.1%
• Removed Boogie Bombs, Grenades, Bandages, Stink Bombs, Port-a-Forts, and Bush.
• Materials (drops 2)
• Wood to 33% from 47.6%.
• Stone to 33% from 35.7%.
• Metal to 33% from 16.6%.
• Changes to building materials.
• Wood wall starting health to 80 from 100.
• Stone wall starting health to 80 from 90.
• Wood wall max health to 150 from 200.
• Metal wall max health to 500 from 400.
• Metal build time to 25s from 20s.
• Storm Circle changes.
• Safezone 2 wait time to 120 from 150.
• Safezone 2 shrink time to 120 from 90.
• Safezone 4 wait time to 90 from 120.
• Safezone 6 wait time to 60 from 90.
• Safezone 7 wait time to 45 from 60.
• Safezone 8 wait time to 30 from 60.
• Safezone 9 wait time to 30 from 45.
• Added moving circle to Safezone 6.
• Added "Sprint By Default" option, when enabled this makes sprint the default movement. The sprint key will now be used to transition into walking.
• Newly-placed building pieces will now appear in a different color while players are still overlapping the structure.
• Improved handling of collision when building pieces are placed right on top of a player. It's much more likely for players to be moved outside of newly-placed structures.
• Pickaxe damage against enemy and ally player built structures increased to 75 base damage and 150 critical damage.
• The slow motion and confetti effects for a Victory Royale will now play for the winner regardless of how they win the game.
• Changing the gyro motion of the Nintendo Switch to rotate around the roll instead of the yaw.
• This is intended to allow for the users to be able to hold the device in any situation and always have the motion react according to the screen direction instead of being in the Switch's world space.
In addition to all this, Fortnite v 5.10 update brings several bug fixes, performance enhancements, audio stabilisations and settings, changes to the UI and more.