Sir Elton John has cancelled his US tour scheduled to take place in April and May due to illness. The musician is said to have suffered a potentially deadly bacterial infection that forced him into spending two nights in intensive care.
Also Read: Prince unreleased song goes online
The singer "contracted a harmful and unusual bacterial infection" by the time he concluded his tour of South America last week and was rushed to UK for urgent treatment. After the safety of Sir Elton was established, his management issued a statement about his health condition.
Daily Mirror reports that the 70-year-old singer became "violently ill" onboard the flight back to the UK following a show in Santiago, Chile. The website shares that Sir Elton spent 12 days in hospital, including two nights in ICU.
He has been discharged, but needs rest. This illness has led to the cancellation of all his tour dates for the next two months, including his long-standing residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
"We regret to inform you that due to medical reasons, Elton John is forced to cancel his entire performance schedule for the upcoming April/May run of The Million Dollar Piano at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace." It adds, "Elton is also cancelling his scheduled performance for Bakersfield, California for Saturday 6 May," a statement issued by his team said.
The statement also had a byte from Sir Elton addressing his fans. "I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well."
After the needed rest, Independent reports that the star will return to his live performance schedule from June 3. His next performance will be in Twickenham, south west London.
All we have to say is get well soon, Sir.