There is no denying the fact that South Indian cannot do without curd rice. It is a part of their daily food and it is their one cure to their every problem. In fact, the combination of curd and rice has turned into a nourishing meal over the years which is actually rich in carbohydrates and proteins that help boost the growth of healthy gut bacteria and improve your health.
Eating curd rice may put you on snooze for a while but it has major health benefits and should be included in your daily food diet. And most importantly, it gives you a great sense of satisfaction and contentment and eventually makes you feel happy about yourself when consumed.
So from where does this sense of satisfaction actually comes?
Research says that it is because of Tryptophan, an essential amino acid, which is a necessary element for a human body present in the curd. It has the building block of a chemical called Serotonin which acts as a natural mood regulator. It makes you feel happy, calm, fights anxiety, energetic and also helps in improving digestion. And this is where the rice part comes into the play when mixed with curd as it helps to cross the blood-brain barrier to creating the blissful experience after eating and gives you a sense of satisfaction and happiness.
Why is curd rice considered good for health?
- First of all, it is easily digestible even by infants. The curd in curd rice helps in absorbing nutrients from rice without putting much stress on your digestive system.
- It minimizes the risk of high blood pressure and helps reduce cholesterol levels by preventing the thickening of carotid arteries.
- Having curd rice helps in increasing your body immunity especially for women which fights against vaginal infections.
- It strengthens teeth and bone as it has a high amount of calcium and phosphorous present in it.
- It helps cure stomach pains, fever and indigestion.
- It brings a glow to your skin.
- And last but not the least, it completes your meal.