The final month of the year is all set to see some of the biggest releases, including the much-awaited "Dhoom 3" hitting screens on 20 December. Unlike November, not too many big budget films are releasing in December, but seven films have been lined up for the month.
While November releases have rocked the box office market with films like "Krrish 3", "Ram-leela" and others, all eyes are now set on December releases.
In first week, Shahid Kapoor's film "R... Rajkumar" is releasing, which is expected to perform well, but the film's fate will depend upon the film's opening and reviews. Next big release of the month and probably of the year is "Dhoom 3," which will certainly break some records at box office.
Check out the top films releasing this month:
1. Club 60: The film marks the debut of Sanjay Tripathi, maker of popular science fiction program "Turning Point". The film tells the story of youthful bunch of people aged 60. It features Sharat Saxena, Vineet Kumar, Raghubir Yadav, Farooq Shaikh, Satish Shah, Tinnu Anand and Sarika among others.
2. Lucky Kabootar: The film is a romantic comedy flick directed by Shammi Chabbra. The film features new faces mostly from the television industry including Eijaz Khan, Kulraj Randhawa, Sanjay Mishra and Ravi Kisan.
3. R... Rajkumar: The film was earlier titled as "Rambo Rajkumar" but due to copyright issues the makers changed the name to "R...Rajkumar". Directed by Prabhu Deva, "R...Rajkumar" is a romantic action film, starring Sonakshi Sinha, Shahid Kapoor and Sonu Sood.
1. Jackpot: It is a comedy thriller film featuring Sunny Leone, Sachiin J Joshi, Makrand Deshpande and Naseeruddin Shah in lead roles. It is helmed by 'Boom' director Kaizad Gustad.
2. What The Fish: In the film, Dimple Kapadia will be seen playing the role of a 60-year-old woman who has to leave her hometown and needs someone to take care of her money plant and fish. Gurmeet Singh's directorial film was earlier slated to release next year, but the makers rescheduled the dates.
Dhoom 3: Starring Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif, Uday Chopra, Abhishek Bachchan and Jackie Shroff, the film is the third flick in the "Dhoom" franchise. The action thriller is one of the most awaited films of the year.
Mahabharat - 3D: "Mahabharat" is a 3D animated film which will release on Christmas. Big B, Vidya Balan, Anil Kapoor, Sunny Deol, Ajay Devgn and Manoj Bajpayee have dubbed for characters in the film. The characters have been designed based on the actors who dubbed for the part.