At least two people died after a fire broke out in Maker Tower in Mumbai's Cuffe Parade area early Tuesday morning.
Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot after fire broke out on the 21st floor of the sea-facing high-rise building in Mumbai.
The apartment that got gutted in the fire was owned by Shekhar Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Electricals.
"In the Bajaj family flat, some family members & domestic help were stuck. All have been rescued without injury," an official from the Mumbai Fire Brigade told ANI.
The firefighters rescued around 11 people from the building, a residential complex located in south Bombay.
"I rescued two helps and a child...They are in a state of shock," a resident told reporters, adding that a couple of flats were gutted in the fire.
"We found out around 6.30 am. Everything is calm and under control right now," author Shobhaa De was quoted by NDTV as saying. De, who stays on the fifth floor of the Maker Tower, said that the fire department and the police handled the situation in an appropriate manner.
The fire at the high-rise building has now been brought under control.
2 dead in fire at high-rise in Mumbai's Cuffe Parade
— NDTV (@ndtv) October 18, 2016