After conducting beta testing for over a month, Asus has reportedly commenced rolling out the Android Pie to the company's two popular mid-range phones.
As of now, Google's sweet baked dish-flavoured mobile OS versions— 16.2017.1903.050 & 16.2018.1903.37— is now available to the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL) and the M2 (ZB632KL) series in India. Since it is being deployed in phases, the major Android update is expected to reach all corners of the country by the end of this week.
In addition to new Android Pie, it comes with Google's security patch to protect the devices from the latest malware threats.
Here's how to install Android Pie OTA on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and M2 series:
1. Once you get new Android Pie update notification, select "Yes, I'm in"
2. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now"
3. After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically
4. Your Asus phone is now updated
Android Pie: All you need to know
- In addition to Google's security patch, Android 9 Pie brings numerous new safety features, including a standardized biometric authentication prompt to provide a more consistent authentication experience across Android.
- After upgrading to the Android Pie, devices will restrict any apps accessing users' phone microphone, camera, or other sensors when an app is idle or running in the background. (If an app does need to access a sensor, it will show a persistent notification on your phone.)
- The Pie update also brings important enhancements that protect all web communications and offer private web surfing. It enables encryption of Android backups with a client-side secret (the device PIN, pattern or password) for greater security.
- Android 9 Pie also makes notifications more useful and offer actionable functionalities with conversations such as attach photos and stickers along with suggesting smart replies. Also, helps users get things done faster by predicting their next move and displaying the right action on the phone.
- The new System navigation system offers a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled).
- One of the major aspects of Android Pie is digital wellbeing. It brings Dashboard, which highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and a number of notifications received so that they get an overview on how much obsessed with the phone. It also allows users to set App Timers to put limits on app usage
- Android Pie also comes with Wind Down and Do Not Disturb. With these features, users can set a daily schedule to get the phone ready for bed. Its screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. He/she can activate Do Not Disturb anytime they want to disconnect.
- Android Pie's Slices feature identifies relevant information of users' favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when they need them
- Other notable features include full-view screen friendly swipe-based navigation interface option, revamped setting drawer, adaptive battery and display, extend battery life and several others.