The new custom ROM is based on the official N7100XXUFND3 firmware and comes loaded many feature such as aroma installer, all-working Galaxy S5 apps, launcher & theme support, and 4 way re-boot menu. It is also said to be deodexed, ziplaligned, Knox free and stable which enables phone to perform fast and use very little battery.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, it is a two-edged sword- once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom ROM has to installed only on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model GT-N7100 [To check your model: Go to Settings >> About device >> model number ]
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so make sure to back all data.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC to connect your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- One of the main pre-requisite before installing custom ROM is that the phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery (and also ODIN), and TWRP.
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80-percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) of Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat X-TREME Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100):
Step 2: Connect Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to PC via USB chord.
[Note: Before connecting the phone to PC, make sure computer has USB driver software; to install USB driver, click here]
Step 3: Then, place X-TREME Android v4.4.2 ROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Now turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process[Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Galaxy Note N7100) will take minimum five minutes to complete booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of custom X-TREME Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]