After months of delay, American network carrier Verizon finally released the Android Marshmallow to BlackBerry Priv.
A Verizon-based BlackBerry Priv user on the company's fans-based community forum, CrackBerry has claimed to have received the new Android Marshmallow, bringing joy to fans.
For the uninitiated, BlackBerry had released Android Marshmallow to unlocked Priv models way back in April and then it was rolled out AT&T in August. Now, after the six months, it has been made available to the Verizon subscribers.
As of now, Verizon's official support page has not been revised to confirm the release of Android Marshmallow. So, we urge our readers to manually check for update on your device by the following the procedure below:
How to check for software OTA (Over-The-Air) update on BlackBerry phone?
- Make sure the device is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- From the device home screen, pull down the notification shade and tap Settings.
- Under the System category, tap About device.
- Tap Software update > Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.
The Android Marshmallow brings the Doze battery optimisation feature, improved "Now on Tap" search option, support for more international dialects, silent mode to the sound profile, a do-not-disturb option, performance-enhancing optimisations, enhanced boot security system, and many more.
If you have received Android Marshmallow update on your Verizon-based BlackBerry Priv. Do let us know how the software has improved your user-experience.