Hours after the announcement of Lollipop release schedule, Asus has rolled out the new Android OS to the Zenfone 5 series device.
The new Android 5.0 Lollipop (build number: V22.214.171.124) has been made available to the top-end Zenfone 5 (A500KL) LTE via OTA (Over-The-Air).
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop update on smartphones via OTA [Over-The-Air]:
Upon getting the update notifications, select the "Yes, Download" option >> then, after downloading, select >> "Install now". The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
We would like to remind out readers that the roll-out process is carried out in phases, so it will take some time to reach all corners of the country.
Until then, the users can also check manually on the smartphone by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System update' >> 'Check Now'.
Tech-savvy Zenfone 5 users, who are too impatient to wait for the update, can directly flash the firmware on to their device manually from HERE.
The new update is around 820MB in size and brings all the Lollipop goodies such as the new design language, "Material Design", with interactive user interface, lots of animation graphics, lock-screen notification options and the replacement of Dalvik with ART as its default runtime will bring improvement in performance-and-battery-life enhancement and many more features.
Other devices, which are in line to get the new Android 5.0 Lollipop, include Zenfone 4(A400CG/A450CG), Zenfone 5(A500CG), and the Zenfone 6(A600CG) and Zenfone S (PF500KL).
Here are the official change-log details:
- Asus web-storage
- Super Note
- Lockscreen: remove standalone wallpaper & weather info (1G RAM Only)
- Quick settings/Recent app layout change (1G RAM Only)
- Dialer/Contacts: reduce tab count from 5 to 3; remove group (1G RAM Only) tab name/photo.
- InCall screen: remove InCall animation & cover
- Add My Ocean wallpaper
- Add Day Scene Live Wallpaper
- Add Trip-Advisor
- Add ASUS Auto-start Service Manager
- Prevent unwanted apps from automatically starting up and
- Stop services immediately and prevent Android from restarting these apps again
- Improve VOIP phone call function
- Improve music function
- Revise Wallpaper function
- Remove ASUS Story