The much-expected Lenovo K6 Note, touted as a competitor to cheap Chinese brands in the Indian smartphone market, has now received a confirmed release date. Lenovo loyalists will have a lot to cheer about on December 14.
As per an official tweet by Lenovo India on December 11, K6 Note will be released on December 14 across both online as well as brick-and-mortar retail stores across India. At this point in time, it is worth noting that Lenovo K6 Power, another budget offering, was recently released across the country. This handset is seemingly turning out to be popular and even non Lenovo loyalists are branding K6 power as an arch nemesis of Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
However, at this juncture it is not known how much Lenovo's K6 Note would cost in India. Nonetheless, the price-tag of the smartphone is expected to be competitive considering the cut-throat competition in the Indian smartphone market.
Technical specification-wise, the Lenovo K6 Note features impressive mid-range specs such as:
- 5.5-inch display having resolutions of 1080 x 1920 with pixel density of 401 ppi
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system; out of the box
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC
- 16 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash
- 8 MP front snapper
- 3 /4 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 256 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and USB Type-C connectivity
- 4000 mAh fixed Lithium-Polymer battery.
In terms of technical specifications, another important aspect to note is that Lenovo K6 Note is compatible with Reliance Jio's 4G Jio SIM. Both the new Reliance Jio SIM-card users as well as their existing counterparts can now enjoy free 4G LTE services till at least March 31, 2017.