All eyes are on the Supreme Court, as it will hear Nupur Talwar's plea on Friday seeking a stay on the non-bailable warrant issued against her by a trial court in connection with her daughter Aarushi's murder case.

Nupur Talwar, the prime suspect in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case, has been evading arrest for the last couple of days after she was served a non-bailable warrant on Wednesday for failing to appear before the court.

The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to hear Nupur's plea to cancel the warrant. In turn, the apex court directed her to appear before the court on Friday.

The special CBI court had on March 14 asked Nupur to appear before the court within 30 days but she failed to turn up while her husband Rajesh Talwar did. Her lawyer sought the court to exempt her from appearing before the court as the plea against the apex court's order to face trial is still pending.

Following the non-bailable warrant against her for skipping the trial, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) looked for her but she was not found at her residences in Noida and Delhi.

The CBI is likely to arrest her outside the Supreme Court if she appears before the court today or wait for the court's ruling.

Aarushi Talwar, a 14-year-old girl, was found murdered in her bedroom at Noida house, Uttar Pradesh, with her throat slit on May 16, 2008. Hours later, another dead body was found on the terrace, which was identified as that of Talwars' servant Hemraj.

The police arrested Aarushi's father Rajesh Talwar on May 23, charging him of the double murder. Rajesh confessed to killing his daughter and the manservant to the police but later retracted his confession. His wife Dr. Nupur Talwar accused the Noida police of framing her husband.

The public outcry on the shoddy investigation by the Uttar Pradesh police forced the government to hand over the case to the CBI. After taking over the case on June 1, 2008, the CBI formed a 25-member team to investigate on the double murder case.