Nupur Talwar
Nupur Talwar at a press meetA screen shot of IBNS video

Nupur Talwar, who has been sent to jail after the court rejected her bail application, spent a night at Barrack No 13 in Dasna jail. She surrendered before a CBI court on Monday in connection to her daughter Aarushi murder case.

However, Nupur has filed a fresh bail application and it is being heard by a Ghaziabad court on Tuesday, which will decide her duration of stay behind the bars. Nupur, who is in jail, didn't turn up for the court hearing today.

Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, parents of murdered Aarushi, are the CBI's prime suspect. Rajesh was locked in Dasna jail for almost two months.

On Monday, a CBI court trying Aarushi case quashed Nupur's bail application after it was opposed by the CBI officials. The bench said that Nupur has been evading the arrest and the court hearings, despite charges against her, which are serious in nature.

Nupur and Rajesh were directed by the Supreme Court to stand trials in their daughter's murder case. However, Nupur undermined the apex court order and skipped a court hearing on April 18, while her husband was present in the court, following which, a non-bailable arrest warrant was issued against Nupur.

However, the CBI failed to take her into custody as she was not found when they raided her residences. She then moved the SC challenging the arrest warrant in her name.

The Supreme Court last Friday asked Nupur to surrender before the CBI court and follow legal process to secure release. Earlier, the apex court asked CBI officials not to arrest her until a SC bench hear her plea seeking an anticipatory bail and stay on non-bailable warrant.

However, the magistrate on Monday rejected her bail application and ordered the agency to take her into custody.

Aarushi, 14, was found dead in her bedroom at her residence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, with her throat slit. Hours later, another dead body was found on the terrace, which was identified as that of the domestic help Hemraj.