Tata Motors recently launched a feature-packed new top spec variant for its bestselling model Tiago. Dubbed as XZ+, the new variant offers much need bling to the Tiago hatchback which entered the market in 2016.
Tata Motors priced the Tiago XZ+ at Rs 5.57 lakh (single tone) and Rs 5.64 lakh (dual tone) for the petrol version while diesel version costs Rs 6.31 lakh (single tone) and Rs 6.38 lakh (dual tone), all ex-showroom Delhi. The Tiago XZ+ variant costs approximately Rs 30,000 premium over the XZ variant and for the extra money, the new range-topping variant offers the following.
Tata Tiago XZ+ - Exterior
- Dual tone exterior option – Glossy black roof & spoiler
- 15-inch dual tone alloy wheels (only with the petrol engine option)
- Projector headlamps with smoked black bezel
- Chrome accent on the tailgate
- Body side moulding
- Electrically folding outside rear view mirror
- 2 new colours – Canyon Orange and Ocean Blue
Tata Tiago XZ+ - Interior
- 7-inch touchscreen system by Harman
- Android Auto connectivity (No Apple CarPlay for now)
- Fully automatic climate control
Most of the aforementioned new additions are in line with the Tigor XZ+ variant launched in October 2018. Apart from the new features, the XZ+ carries all the features of the XZ variant.
Since the Tiago XZ+ is just a variant addition, no changes under the hood are expected. Tata Tiago is powered by a 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol and 1.0-litre three-cylinder Revotorq diesel mills.
The petrol mill churns out 83.8bhp of power and 114Nm of torque, while the diesel mill produces 69bhp of power and 140Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The Tiago XZ+ variant is not offered with the AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) option.
Tata Tiago XZ+ will go up against Hyundai's new Santro top-spec variant, the Asta (O) that costs Rs 5.45 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).