Popular Chinese consumer electronics giant Xiaomi launched a couple of new affordable products â€“ a slim smart television Mi TV3 and the Ninebot Mini, a two-wheel transport vehicle -- on Monday (19 October).
Xiaomi Mi TV 3:
Mi TV 3 is the successor of 48-inch based Mi TV 2S, which was launched earlier this year on 16 July.
Like its predecessor, Mi TV 3 too boasts metal body (Aluminium frame), but it is a little thicker (11.6 mm -36.7 mm) and yet the slimmest 60.0-inch 4K display television in the market.
Key specifications of Mi TV3:
- 60-inch true 4k display made by LG with, next-gen smart TV features
- High color gamut, MEMC motion compensation
- World-class independent sound system
- Flagship TV processor
- HDMI (3 no), USB (2 no), VGA, Ethernet, AV in and RF modulator
- Ultra-thin 11.6mm aluminium metal frame
- RMB Â¥4999 (around $786/â‚¬692/Rs.50,910)
Mi TV (main board):
Besides the new Mi TV 3 series, the company also unveiled an innovative gadget dubbed as Mi TV (main board) that can transform any normal TV, monitor or a projector in to a Smart TV.
It comes packed with MStar 6A928 4K TV processor backed by 2GB DDR3 (triple channel) RAM and 8GB emMMC 5.0 flash storage.
Mi TV Main board:
- Transforms TV, displays and projectors into a smart TV
- Built-in speakers (Dolby audio system), full metal body design
- MStar 6A928 4K TV processor (1.4GHz Cortex A17 quad-core), Mali T760 (4+4 cores) with 4K 60fps video playback thanks to H265 10-bit hardware de-coding feature
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
- Connectivity features include Wi-Fi (802.11 ac 2 x 2), Bluetooth v4.1 (BLE)
- RMB 999 (around $157/â‚¬138/ Rs. 10,177)
Ninebot Mini is the star attraction of Xiaomi's show piece event. It is the company's first PT (Personal Transporter) after it funded Ninebot, current owner of PT pioneer Segway in 2014.
Ninebot Mini is a self-balancing scooter, which can cover 22 KM in a single charge and reach up to 16KM/s speed. It also has the capability to ride with up to 15-degree inclination.
The company is also offering additional safety gears set with helmet, knee caps and other stuff for Â¥169 (around $26/â‚¬24/Rs. 1721).
Key features of Ninebot Mini - Self-balancing scooter-
- Speeds of up to 16km/h
- Can climb 15-degree angle upwards easily
- Compact, lightweight, shoulder-width length
- Weighs 12.8kg fits easily in the trunk of a car
- High capacity battery pack, 22km in a single charge
- Smart phone controls
- Aerospace-grade magnesium alloy body
- RMB 1999 (around $314/â‚¬277/Rs. 20,650)