Developer, CD Projekt RED recently released a new patch 1.10 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but sadly, the patch has been noted to have "major/minor bugs" according to Reddit thread. The launch of the new patch has not been smooth for the developers.
Several players have faced errors and freezing issues, with many forced to quit the game.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released on 19 May, 2015 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Below are the bugs that have been listed on the Reddit thread:
- Completed quests are marked as failed.
- Minor UI bug in settings menu that some strings of text do not appear.
- Found on the armourer dismantle Tab that no stats are displayed for selected items.
- Noticed a new problem - some of my non-set items become very high level (71-80), before 1.10 they was 60-70.
- The quest Scavenger Hunt Wolf School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1 is bugged. Chests are there, Wolf markings are on the walls but can't open them. Maybe it's happening with another set quests. Also the objectives duplicate in the quest log, simply 1 says complete the other is not.
- In DLC quest Where the Cat and the Wolf Play, the girl's footprints end where they begin, even after you pick the doll. The prints are missing therefore I can't continue the quest because the girl does not "spawn."
- HUD Toggle (listed in patch notes) does not appear to be implemented. The promised markers for missing gwent cards don't appear for me (Xbox ONE).
- I've got an oddly specific bug, in gwent, ending the first game in a draw disables my left mouse button in the subsequent "card swap segment."
- Achievements on Galaxy still not working. I've just tried getting "Killed it", wouldn't work. Other achievements haven't been activated retroactively (e.g. Dendrologist, Gwent Master, Munchkin).
- Yennefer is missing from the game. She's present in cutscenes, but outside of them she's just gone (no model, no sound, no sign of her where she's supposed to be). Probably has something to do with all this DLC related bugs and with the fact that I never had Yen's alternate look DLC installed. Triss and Ciri show up fine (never had their DLCs installed too).
- Just updated and i still can't complete the nobleman and soldier statuette. I'm coming from a fresh install. Triss just sands there after getting to the bits from dandelion's inn.
- I got to the end of "Where the Cat and Wolf Play.." and the other Witcher is completely frozen when I enter combat with him.
- The resolution bug: Going from a higher resolution (4K) to a lower one (1440P) will make the screen difference between the two "black" so you are playing only in a small quarter of the screen. Fixed by saving settings and running the game again.
- A weird mouse bug in the menu, where If I hover the mouse in upper-middle of the screen vertically It will switch between tabs/modules.
- NG+ entered combat in the sewer under the Rosa Var Attre house in Novigrad. Ran from the water hag. Combat music wouldn't end, people would run away from me in the city. Went back killed the water hag, this happened (combat music then ended and everything back to normal).
- I've just installed (on Xbox One) and aren't getting any quest markers on the world map if it's outside the region I'm in. i.e. if I'm in Novigrad and have a quest in Skellige selected, if I go onto the map for Skellige no quest markers appear.
- I have random visual bug after patch 1.10. In legs Geralt has red box. Update: Problem is with Nilfgaardian Gloves. When u wear them, then red box appear. It must be problem with DLC's then. [This might have been fixed by a hotfix].
- When starting NG+, some potions/oils duplicate. I have both superior tawny oil and the regular one at the same time.
- I have encountered another thing, Shadow's seem A LOT worse even on the highest settings.
- Character is floating above the ground in a crouch position. It started on the 2nd floor of the Witcher hunter barracks.
- Steam version: All the icons keep completely disappearing on every item in the game, both in loot windows and in my inventory. There's a colour stripe indicating the items quality where the picture should be but no actual icon there.
- On PC, if you have both delusion and puppet skills equipped, the alternate Axii skill casting is VERY buggy. You can hold down the cast button, but it will only cast puppet about 30-40% of the time.
- Several players have reported that after leaving a conversation, world becomes blurred for a short period of time.
- In Xbox One consoles, Merchants - pressing left trigger to compare items no longer works on armour and saddles in shop inventory.
- Skellige's Most Wanted is still bugged on PS4 in 1.10 (Werewolf won't die).
- After starting 'Little Red', and talking to the main bandit, when the cutscene ended and switched to battle, the game froze, and I had to force quit.
- After the 1.10 patch, my screensaver kicks in and takes focus from the game after the allotted time if I go AFK.It's not that big a deal to move the mouse and select resume, but this is definitely something different.
Below are the issues that have been reportedly fixed:
- Lost armour sets, weapons and horse armours from saves. Keep in mind that disappearing armor sets mostly affect NG+ saves, has been fixed on Steam and fix is on the way for all platforms.
- It is reported that upon loading the save everything was lost and the character is naked.
- Can launch the game without problems but cannot load the game as the save requires the free dlc's which are gone. There's also no Dowloadable Content tab in the game menu. The DLC's are also gone from my GoG Galaxy and I cannot see them under the dowloads tab on gog.com. This is issue was fixed, according to the poster which said the issue was fixed by opting in the new "free dlc package" program in Galaxy.
- All hair styles except for "shaved except for a pony tail" and "long and loose" all look like Geralt's default hair.
- I'm having an issue with sword oils having the wrong oil icon. necrophage oil is red, hangedman venom is green etc. Bug is on the PS4 version – this was noted not to be a bug. The Oil icons were renewed in 1.10 update.
Here are possible fixes if the players are unable to run the game on Steam:
- Go to your Witcher 3 directory, search for the "vcredist.exe"(usually found in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt__redistMSVC2012_x64), launch it, and select repair.
- Delete "d3d11.dll" and "dxgi.dll" in The Witcher 3 Wild Huntbinx64. Advisable to cut these files and paste them into a backup folder in case something goes wrong.
Meanwhile, Vinthir, a developer from CD Projekt RED posted in the forums that they have released a hotfix for Steam and it will follow shortly for the PC platforms.
He also noted in another post about the players reporting of the disappearance of items and schematics following the 1.10 update. He said:
The issue will apply to DLC items in New Game +. We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as possible. In the meantime please hold on to your saves from before the patch.
"The affected DLCs:
- Temerian Armor Set
- Beard and Hairstyle Set
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set
- New Quest - "Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear"
- New Quest - "Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted"
- Elite Crossbow Set
- Skellige Armor Set
- New Quest - "Where the Cat and Wolf Play..."
For those interested in a more technical explanation, the issue is related to re-balancing of items and their stats in NG+. The changes were applied in 1.10 to game files referring to the items. However, DLCs could not yet be patched in 1.10 (this is due to the game's builds' structure, which requires a new DLC patching system on which we are currently working).
In a new post, he said that the update on GOG was available in the form of a new DLC pack.
Script Compilation Error
Following the patch 1.10 update, players are unable to start the game. A forum member complained that there is the Redengine splash screen that appears, then the script compilation starts. Following the scrip completion, there is a error:
Error [content0]gamebehavior_treetasksmonstersbttaskmaintainsp eed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]gamebehavior_treetasksmonstersbttaskmaintainsp eed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]gamebehavior_treetasksreactionsbttaskisman.ws( 4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]gamebehavior_treetasksreactionsbttaskisman.ws( 15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.
Once this comes, the game does not start.
To this Vinthir replied:
If one's mods folder contains script mods that modified scripts which were changed in 1.10 (and a lot of them were) script compilation errors will occur. I'm afraid those mods will have to be updated by modders to work.