A new Audax L Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM has been released the Samsung's 2013 flagship phablet Galaxy Note 3 LTE phablet.
This new Audax L firmware software is deodexed and is said to boost device performance, new visual interface, bring more customisation options, new short-cuts for easy access to key apps and loads of personalisation options such as:
- Kernel Stock XXUGBNL8
- Deodexed All Apps
- Rooted with SuperSU
- init.d support
- New updater-script
- Tweaks in init.d
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Multi CSC
- Removed Bloatware and Knox
- Aroma Installer
- Added Wipe Data Choice in Aroma
- Auto Wipe Cache, Dalvik-Cache e Format System before flashing the Rom
- UpdateMe Audax
- Touchwiz 5×5-dock6-fast scroll in Aroma
- Statusbar Audax with Home/Lock Button and 3Minit in Aroma
- Statusbar with Center Clock and 3Minit in Aroma
- 3Minit Battery Mod
- Note4 Weather Themed Audax
- Air Command Mods in UpdateMe Audax
- New Settings
- Audax Banner in Info Device
- Toolbox Enabler
- Note4 Smart Remote
- Sound Boost
- Added Android L Sounds
- Added Note4 Sounds
- Added S5 Sounds
- Integrated apps (Faster GPS, Ad Away)
- Fix Wi-Fi password
- Added Call Button in Logs
- Added Call Recording
- Add Camera Shutter Sound
- Enable Camera During Call
- External SD Card Write Fix
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user experience
Prerequisites(Things to remember before installing the custom ROM):
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- This new Audax L Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) LTE model only ; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Audax L Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.0 Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Audax L Android v5.0 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]