After a very long wait, Sony's 2012 smartphone model Xperia S has finally started receiving the Android v4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
Sony Xperia S made its global debut in February last year with Android v2.3 Ginger Bread OS and later received the Ice Cream Sandwich OS update in June that year. Now after almost a year, the Sony device is getting its OS upgrade.
Sony France has confirmed the release of Android Jelly Bean OS update for the Xperia S on their official twitter page. The Brazil arm of the company also a released statement on its blog that the update will be available by the first half of June.
As of now, there are no reports of when India would get the Jelly Bean update for Xperia S. Many believe that since Android v4.1.2 version is released in phases across the globe, it may take time to reach India.
Key enhancements of Android v4.1.2 Jelly Bean update include:
- Smoother user-interface, bi-directional text and more language support.
- Faster Bluetooth data transfer.
- Multi-Windows multitasking ability with enable and disable options, similar to Galaxy Note 2.
- New options for customising the notification panel.
- Two home screen modes
- Page Buddy
- Google Now
- Addition of features such as Direct Call, Smart Stay, and Pop-Up play
- Introduction of 'Smart Rotation' to enable device to adjust screen display according to user's angle of sight