Several key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have been leaked amid speculations on its release date. Reports have suggested that the upcoming device would come with several feature upgrades over its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 4.
The South Korean electronics giant is expected to release its upcoming Note device in August, contradicting earlier reports that it might see the light of day at the IFA event in September.
Business Korea (via GSM Arena) has reported that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be unveiled on 13 August in New York. It contradicted SamMobile's earlier report that the device might be unveiled on 12 August and launched on 21 August.
Samsung is tight-lipped on its much-hyped Note device but reports have claimed that it will have at least five feature upgrades over the Galaxy Note 4.
1) Processor and Operating System: The Galaxy Note 4 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, upgradable to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, but its successor is expected to come with an Exynos 7422 processor and run on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version.
2) Memory: The Galaxy Note 4 comes packed with 32 GB internal memory, expandable up to 128 GB, and 3 GB RAM. On the other hand, the Galaxy Note 5 is expected to come with 16 GB internal storage and 4 GB RAM but without microSD card slot. However, a report by Polish website Tablety has claimed that it would support microSDXC cards up to 128 GB.
3) Camera: The Galaxy Note 5 is expected to house a 16 MP main camera and 8 MP front snapper, while its predecessor has a 16 MP main camera and 3.7 MP secondary camera.
4) S-pen: The Galaxy Note 4 has an S-pen like its predecessors but the one to be seen in the Galaxy Note 5 is very likely to be an ejectable one.
5) Battery: The Galaxy Note 4 has a removable Li-Ion 3220 mAh battery but its predecessor is expected to house a non-removable 4100 mAh battery.
The Galaxy Note 5 is expected to sport a 5.4-inch or 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display. A report by GSM Arena, which is based on hints provided by mobile phone case maker ITSKINS, has claimed that it night sport a 5.7-inch screen measuring 153.3mm x 76.1mm x 7.9mm, come with a glass back, S-pen and traditional micro USB connector.