It is the time of the year when Muslim devotees all around the world observe the strict annual fasting for one month to commemorate the time when Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad. The 30 days of fasting, which begins with the first sighting of the crescent moon, marks the end of the month of Shaban â€“ the eighth month of the Islamic calendar.
The fasting is expected to begin in the UAE on June 6 and the following day in India, Pakistan and other countries. Reports suggest that if the crescent moon (hilal) is not sighted on June 7 in India, the fasting is likely be on June 8.
Observing fast during the holy month of Ramadan is considered one of the five pillars of Islam, when devotees abstain from eating or drinking from dusk to dawn.
Check out few messages, wishes and picture greetings to be shared on Ramadan here:
- Ramadan is the best chance to ask Allah for forgiveness. Thank Him for His blessings and for keeping you alive till this moment.
- I wish you are gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of joy this Ramadan.
- Your sincere prayers, your devotion and your faith in Allah, will make you a better human to serve this society with wisdom and truth. Happy Ramadan.
- May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.
- As the auspicious month of Ramadan starts, may the crescent-shaped moon brighten your path toward enlightenment. May Allah bless you with peace and grace. Happy Ramadan.
- As you fast and offer prayers to Allah, may you find your peace and happiness. Have a peaceful and happy Ramadan.
- May the Spirit of Ramadan stay in our heart and illuminate our soul from within. Happy Ramadan.
- May this holy month of Ramadan chase away the depression and misery that is getting the best out of you. Happy Ramadan.
- May Allah always guide you all throughout your journey in life. I wish this Ramadan will infuse you with courage that will help you be triumphant over the adversities of life. Happy Ramadan.