The year 2015 has been a good one for owners of PS4 and Xbox One, since many of the publishers chose to release their games on these two next-generation consoles rather than on PS3 or Xbox 360. We saw several successful and critically acclaimed games like Fallout 4, Ori and Blind Forest, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and so on being released in 2015.
And as we step into the New Year with the dawn of 2016, players will not be disappointed since there are many games that have been lined-up for both PS4 and Xbox One consoles. However, January has traditionally been a slow month for game releases and 2016 does not seem to be different, reports iDigitalTimes.
There are some games that are coming to both the platforms in January and though PS4 has some exclusive titles coming its way in the month, there isn't any for Xbox One.
Below are the games that are coming for both PS4 and Xbox One:
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India â€“ This will be one of the first games that will be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One. The game is all set to release on 12 January, 2016. This game is set in the time period of 1891 in India, when the Sikh Kingdom was at war with the English East India Company. The game will be taking the 2D platform format and will see an an advancement of the Templar vs. Assassin's storyline.
- The Banner Saga â€“ This is a tactical RPG that is themed around the Vikings. The game is about the choices that players make as they travel or converse or battle in order to survive. The game boasts of "stunning 2D animation" and "unforgettable characters." It is a turn-based combat that lets players build a party of characters with abilities that complement each other. The Banner Saga will be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One on 12 January, 2016.
- Gone Home â€“ This exploration game has been highly acclaimed ever since it released on PC and Mac in 2013. The game does not have any set goals, but players are rewarded for exploring newer areas of the game and especially the mansion where the players go after a gap of a year abroad. Players will have to investigate the events that led to the disappearance of the family. Gone Home will be releasing on 12 January, 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Gemini: Heroes Reborn â€“ This action-adventure game is based on the TV series "Heroes" and follows the journey of its main character Cassandra who is known to possess telekinesis power and can time travel. Using these, she manipulates the environment and defeats her rivals. She is tasked to solve mysteries of her power, even as she faces her main rival Trevor Mason. The game will be releasing on 12 January for Xbox One and 19 January for PS4.
- Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster â€“ PS4 and Xbox One players will be happy to note that this survival horror video game from Capcom is releasing a remastered version for the next generation boasting better visuals and sounds. The game will let players control the two STARS officers, and will let them switch between both of them as they solve puzzles and make use of their abilities. The remastered version will be released on 19 January, 2016.
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers â€“ This action adventure game from developer TT Fusion is a spin-off of Lego Marvel franchise and will be inclusive of all the characters that were part of Avengers team from the comic book and not from the movie. Players will be able to play and unlock 100 new and returning characters that possess an array of capabilities. It also lets players take the open world way as they visit different locations from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The LEGO Marvel's Avengers game will be released on 26 January for PS4 and Xbox One.
- This War of Mine â€“ This is a survival video game that was inspired by the Siege of Sarajevo during the Bosnian War of the 90s. The player will be controlling a group of civilian survivors who have to survive the war using tools that can be gathered in the game. The player will have an important role where his intervention is very crucial for their survival. This War of Mine will be released on 29 January, 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One.
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo â€“ This is a racing video game that will feature over 300kms of racing tracks, 8 different types of rallies, 5 rallycross and over 50 car models. The game features technical input and mentoring from Sebastien Loeb, a nine-time World Rally Champion. Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo will be released on 29 Jaunary, 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One.
Below are the PS4 games that will be releasing in January:
- Amplitude â€“ This is a music video game that was initially released in 2003 for PS2. This version of the game will be inclusive of new modes along with the old ones. Players will see FreQuency mode and it features a new engine that was used in Rock Band 4. Amplitude will be shipping with more than 30 songs. The game will be rolling out on 5 January, 2016 for PS4.
- Hardware: Rivals â€“ This is a vehicular combat game where players can opt to play with Tanks or Fast Attack Vehicles. Players will be able to play in deathmatch, team deathmatch and team domination multiplayer modes. Hardware Rivals will be released on 5 January, 2016 for PS4.
- Stardust Vanguards â€“ This game will let players summon armies of NPS to attack in this four-player multiplayer. The game will be available on 19 January, 2016 for PS4.
- Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel â€“ This fighting game from developer Examu Inc. has a list of crossover heroines from the manga and anime series from Nitroplus and features 32 characters that will let players perform Infinite Blasts, super combo attacks and many more. The game will be releasing on 26 January, 2016 for PS4.
The Witness â€“ This is a 3D puzzle video game that lets players explore an island. Players will be able to progress only if they solve the puzzles. The game is said to have over 650 puzzles and is a modern adaptation of Myst. It will be released for PS4 on 26 January, 2016.