A new Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM has been released to the Motorola Moto G (Falcon) models.
This Candy5 software has been developed using sources from CyanogenMod, SlimRoms and LiquidSmooth. Custom ROM comes with a slew of customisation options, short-cuts for easy access, performance tweaks and lots of improvements to enhance the user-experience.
Features of Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM which are said to be functional on Motorola Moto G (Falcon) models:
- Candy Interface
- Custom navigation bar
- Battery Percent
- Recents Panel Options
- Clock and Date Options
- Wake Options
- Rotation 360 degrees
- Custom Notification Lights
- Lockscreen Notifications Per App
- IME options from 4.4+
- Disable Ime selector
- Gestures anywhere
- Dark Candy5 ROM option
- Battery Saver mode coloring
- Custom system animations
- Full Sweetner Pack compatible
- Battery bar
- Theme Engine
- Visual improvements
- All of the CyanogenMod's latest feature additions
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed on multiple Moto G (aka Falcon) models- XT1031, XT1032, XT1033 and XT1034 and Google Play Edition (XT1032). [More information, HERE]; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC, or else your device (Moto G) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on Motorola Moto G (Falcon) models-
Step 2: Connect Motorola Moto G (Falcon) to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, clickHERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to Recovery mode, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Moto G Falcon) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Candy5 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: XDA Developers Forum members- @matthew0776, @mar5hal, @gimmeitorilltell, @BMP7777, @CyberScopes, @Cuzz1369,@rc420head, @Flashalot, @tr1gg3r84,@Venomtester, @Darknites, @Rapier, @NexusPenguin, @Alx31TLse, @timmytim and @Bx16)
[Note: If faced with any issues using this custom ROM, leave your feedback, HERE]