New BeanStalk Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM has been released a to the Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100).
This custom firmware is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.0.2 Lollipop and CyanogenMod ROM. It brings in loads of customisation options such as:
- Lockscreen background options (Colour fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customisable Lockscreen text colour
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density options
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customisable boot animation (off, default, set your own boot-animation)
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk boot-animation by skyliner33v
- Status bar colour and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes colour, location, style
- Signal Styles which include colour and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles – Includes specific colours and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other than default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
- Fully customisable navigation bar – Includes style, layout, colour, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings colour settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text colour
- Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customisable colours), toggle colours, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kil app back button with customisable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customisable options
- Performance tweaks and a ton more improvements to enhance the user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This new BeanStalk series custom ROM has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Also make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of BeanStalk Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) -
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S2) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of BeanStalk Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]