Christmas is around the corner and people all over the world are waiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on 25 December.
It is the most-anticipated festival of the year that is celebrated by people of all religions and the season is all about fun, enjoyment, togetherness, gifts and celebrations.
Sending special messages of the holiday is one of the most popular practises during the festive season that is said to have originated in London in the 1840s.
Check out some quotes, messages, wishes and picture greetings to be shared on Christmas below:
- Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind. — Valentine Davies, American film writer.
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. — Norman Vincent Peale, progenitor of positive thinking
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. — Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States
- Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection. — Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace. — Pope Francis
- God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. — Pope Francis
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. — Dale Evans, American writer
- I don't think Christmas is necessarily about things. It's about being good to one another, it's about the Christian ethic, it's about kindness. — Carrie Fisher, American actress
- Christmas is, of course, the time to be home - in heart as well as body. — Garry Moore American entertainer
- Christmas is a time of year that's so romantic. — Katharine McPhee, American pop singer
And suddenly there was the angel,
a multitude of the heavenly host,
praising God and saying:
"Glory to God in the highest."
~ Luke 2:13
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. ~ Zechariah 9:9
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. ~ Isaiah 7:14
Wishes, Messages, Greetings
May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire to gladden your heart and fill every desire. Happy Xmas to you and your family
May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
Wishing you lots of love, joy and happiness.
As you relish the goodies, decorate every nook and corner of your home
and enjoy the get-together.
May the joy and festivities continue to radiate in your lives,
long after Christmas is gone.
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
May the Christmas season
fill your home with joy,
your heart with love
and your life with laughter. Happy Christmas and advance new year wishes
The gift of love.
The gift of peace.
The gift of happiness.
May all these be yours at Christmas. Merry Xmas to you and your family
May your heart be lifted in praise this Christmas
for the wonderful gift of Jesus
and the joy He brings to our lives.
Have a wonderful Christmas
and a Blessed New Year
God gave His greatest gift to us
on that first Christmas Day
and may the wonder of it
always guide and light your way...