"Clash Royale," the freemium tower defence and collectible card game mash-up, has announced that it has new balance changes for the game, which will decrease the damages caused by Hog Riders while increasing the damages from Prince, P.E.K.K.A and other notable changes.
Supercell, the developer behind the popular mobile game, has revealed in the blog post that these balance changes are expected to be released on June 21.
The company has shared the full list of changes that would affect "Clash Royale" following the new update:
Hog Rider: Damage decreased by 6 percent
- The Hog Rider card is one of the most used cards to take down enemy towers, but Supercell now wants people to use some of the offensive cards that are not are not quite as popular as the Hog Rider.
Prince: Damage increased by 9 percent
- Prince is most common among early to mid Arena players but as player gain experience, usage of Prince diminishes.
P.E.K.K.A: Damage increased by 8 percent
- Supercell notes that the new change will let P.E.K.K.A become powerful, such that it becomes easier to kill the Barbarian with every swing of the sword, it also makes P.E.K.K.A a better offensive option.
Goblin Barrel: Goblin spawn time decreased to 1sec (from 1.2sec)
- Decreasing the time will perhaps result in more Goblin Barrels being thrown across the Arenas.
X-Bow: Deploy time decreased to 4sec (from 5sec), hitpoints increased by 18
- The company said that it wants to bring back the usage of X-Bow specialised card, which had seemingly disappeared from the battle scene usage.
Mortar: Deploy time decreased to 4sec (from 5sec)
- The theory behind decreasing the deploy time for Mortar is the same as X-Bow, where the company wants players to use it, but not as frequently as seen initially.
Furnace: Lifetime increased to 50sec (from 40sec)
- Supercell hopes that extending the longevity of the Furnace will add "some different and interesting slow-push gameplay" to unfold.
Guards: Removed pushback effect when their shields break
- The company has removed the pushback with the intention that it will get a spot on the player's Battle Deck.
Witch: Damage increased by 17 percent
- The past changes on Witch card have not been effective, so it has increased the damage percentage by 17. Now the new changes will see the Witch killing Minnions in three hits instead of the four earlier.
Lava Hound: Damage increased by 28 percent
- Players have ignored Lava Hound and the new update would bring "relatively small" change to the Lava Hound that will bring its damage levels in line with that of the Pups, which is more preferred than Lava Hound.
Skeletons: Spawns 3 (from 4)
- Now only three Skeletons will be spawning instead of the earlier 4, this was done to tackle distraction and damage value for 1 Elixir.
Cannon: Hitpoints decreased by 8 percent
Tesla: Hitpoints increased by 8 percent
- The company wants Cannon and Tesla to be "interchangeable options" based on the user "preference and needs," but the current deck setup made players prefer Cannon over Tesla and now with the new balance changes, the company hopes this would change.
Meanwhile, Supercell recently explained why it would not "mute or delete" emotes feature in the game that was causing irritation to many players.