Massive fire broke out in Zila Parishad ground where fireworks were being sold in Aurangabad district, Maharashtra before Diwali on Saturday. At least 10 fire tenders have been sent to the spot to control the flames. Many vehicles were gutted.
Huge plumes of smoke can be seen billowing from the market at least 2 km away as well.
At least 200 shops of various sizes and dozens of cars and two-wheelers in the area were gutted.
There were no casualties as the traders and customers had fleed to safety. Residents have been told to stay away from the site as smoke and harmful chemicals are suspended in the air.
The fire is under control, locals in the area had tweeted.