Micromax to Release Android 4.1 OS Update for A110 Canvas 2 Next Week: report
Indian smartphone maker Micromax is reportedly planning to release the Android Jelly Bean OS update for its A110 Canvas 2 smartphone.
The A110 Canvas 2 smartphone is reported to be the company's first device to receive the Android Jelly Bean update so far. However, the OS update will not be available neither through OTA (Over-The-Air) or even for download through the PC suite. The company claimed that users have to go to Micromax authorized service centres to get their OS upgrade installed.
Micromax spokesman has clarified that "This (Android 4.1 OS) will not be an OTA update. Users will have to go to Micromax-authorised service centres to get the update. Currently, we are conducting tests on the Jelly Bean ROM and will be releasing the update by early next week latest."
The A110 Canvas 2 smartphone was released way back in November last year with a 5-inch LCD display and dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz CPU speed.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The device currently runs on the outdated Android v4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. The upgrade will bring a new set of rich features, such as improved notifications styles (3), new TaskStackBuilder, Network bandwidth management, Wi-Fi Service Discovery, and many more.
According to technology website androidos.in, Micromax's flagship smartphone will also be receiving the latest Android v4.2 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple’s iPhone 6 Will Kill Android Smartphones: iPhone 6 Will be a “Chick Magnet”
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC Droid DNA Confirmed: Sense 5.5 Upgrade Also Available
- Nexus 6 Release Date: Nexus 5 Successor to be Cheaper than Moto G?
- Android v4.4.2 KitKat Update Slated for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S3 Variants Leaked; Firmware Tipped to Roll Out in May
- Video of a Man Kicked in the Head Goes Viral; Now with More than 24 Million Views [WATCH VIDEO]