Sony Set to Roll Out Android Jelly Bean OS Updates for Three Xperia Variants
The company said that the updates, blended with Sony's new Xperia software, will give more options to enhance functionality for optimum user experience.
- Users can revamp their home screen with seven new desktop panes and have the flexibility to re-size widgets and notifications. They can also create new shortcuts for minimum navigation on the phone.
- A new search function is added within the application tray to assist users to locate apps.
- To enhance the photography experience, the update comes endowed with a more intuitive 'viewfinder' functionality, auto-scene settings and an option to switch between front and back camera with a single touch.
- With the help of Google search and user profiling, important reminders and notifications will pop on the screen based on priority levels.
Xperia users will receive notifications on their handsets with options to download and update over-the-air. Users can also download the updates from the computer and transfer them to a smartphone using a PC suite.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Sony's Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go are next in line to receive the updates by the end of next month.
The last of the company's smartphones to receive the upgrade are Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S. All four are expected to get the upgrades only in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 Android 4.4.3 Update Release Imminent as Dogfooding Process Starts
- Watch IPL 7 Match 4 Live: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals Live Streaming Information
- Watch IPL 7 Match 3 Live: Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Live Streaming Information
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Wins Science Challenge; Smartphone to Capture Microscopic Subjects
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Early June Quarter Estimates May Alarm Investors
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Mockup Leak Hints Early Launch of Flagship Smartphone [VIDEO]