Apple Preparing to Release New iPad 4 Model with 128GB: Report
Apple community website 9to5Mac cited a source as saying that the Cupertino-based company is preparing to release a single additional iPad model. It was also reported that the upcoming model would be a new SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) for the current fourth-generation iPad with Retina display line.
An unnamed source at a high-profile US retailer leaked a stock database sheet to the website corroborating the speculated 128GB iPad model.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The stock log sheet mentioned the description of the new model as 'P101 ULTIMATE A-USA'. Apple usually use the word 'ULTIMATE' to classify its higher-end or premium models, said the website. It explained that Apple also uses other nomenclatures such as 'GOOD', 'BETTER' and 'BEST' as storage sizes for its 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models respectively.
The 9to5Mac team also found the references of the 128GB iOS device from the soon-to-be released iOS 6.1 beta code and in Apple's recently released iTunes 11 software code.
It was said that the new 128GB model is expected to be sold specifically to government-run agencies, and it is very unlikely that common consumers would get their hands on the premium iPad model.
There are no immediate reports of when this new iPad variant will be released.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple’s iPhone 6 Will Kill Android Smartphones: iPhone 6 Will be a “Chick Magnet”
- Apple iOS v7.1.1 Stability Update with Bug Fixes Released; Brings Enhancements in Touch ID Sensitivity and More
- Apple Q2 FY14: Stock is a Bargain, Pre-Market , After Hours or Normal Trading Hours?
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Late Launch of Bigger Model Hinted; Smaller Battery Cause for Delay
- OnePlus One Phablet with CyanogenMod 11S Android KitKat OS, 3GB RAM Unveiled; Price, Availability Details