WhatsApp Bug Almost Fixed
A WhatsApp glitch rendering users' contact list inactive has been fixed in most users' smartphones, according to reports.
The WhatsApp bug led to temporary de-activation of users' contact list with a message "error: unknown". It was reported a few days ago.
The problem was further escalated with a hoax message from WhatsApp CEO, which said they were facing over-usage of usernames and the company intended to check the legitimacy of the users; people were asked to forward the message on threat of de-activation.
Alleged Spam Circulating in Messaging Service
"We have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or whatsapp will no longer recognise your activation. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill," reported Firstpost.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
This hoax message is allegedly circulated in the name of Jim Balsamic, CEO WhatsApp.
A company notification informed users that the spam message circulating was a hoax and assured that the issue will be sorted as soon as possible.
WhatsApp users had faced similar hoax messages in January this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lady Gaga Naked on Cover of Candy Transsexual Magazine
- Quip Launches Android App to Accelerate Challenge to Microsoft Office
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 11 Spoilers: Pre-Wedding, Thanksgiving Drama; Calzona Love, Jolex Challenge, Japril Hope? [WATCH]
- Libya: US Teacher Shot in Benghazi Named as Ronnie Smith from Texas [FIRST PHOTOS]
- Did The Kardashians Send Out Illuminati Christmas Card?
- First Photo of US Teacher Shot Dead Jogging in Benghazi
- Superbike Fans Shocked as Sean Emmett Arrested over Dubai Death
- ‘Worst Tidal Surge in 60 Years’ Feared as Great Yarmouth Evacuates [SURGE MAP]
- Tom Daley: It Shouldn't Matter Who I Date
- Lewis Hamilton to Finally Pop the Question to Nicole Scherzinger