The Taliban has wreaked havoc after retaking the Afghan city of Kunduz on Monday, killing civilians, torching buildings and even using locals as human shields.
The Kunduz capture was the biggest victory for Taliban since its rule in Afghanistan was toppled in 2001.
Taliban militants have now reportedly begun executing civilians whom they accused of siding with the government.
The terrorists killed three men by driving vehicles over them, the former chief of Afghanistan's spy agency, National Directorate of Security (NDS), told Tolo News.
At least 30 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the last two days since the Taliban took control of Kunduz, the health ministry has said, according to Khaama Press. The hospitals are reportedly overflowing with those wounded by gunshots, including children.
Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani said on Tuesday that the Taliban is using civilians as 'human shields', making it difficult for security forces to target the militants.
The Taliban has also taken to looting houses and business establishments and torching government buildings leading to a loss of 'millions of dollars', the local media said.
Afghan forces are reportedly struggling to make any advances in the Taliban-controlled region, even as the insurgents have reportedly started approaching the Kunduz airport where several civilians and forces have taken refuge.
The US forces in Afghanistan launched two airstrikes on Taliban targets in Kunduz on Tuesday, and the NDS had claimed that the group's shadow governor in Kunduz had been killed in a strike. The group has however denied the claims.
The Taliban has revived its attacks across Afghanistan since the announcement of the group's new chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour.