Xiaomi's latest entry-level Android phone Redmi 5A, which has been available in two colours -- dark grey and gold -- will be offered in the new rose gold shade on Thursday flash sale.
It will be available on both Flipkart and mi.com at 12:00 pm. There is no word on how much units will be available in the sale; but, there will be a virtual stampede, as there is huge pent-up demand in India.
Considering the spec-sheet and the cost-effective price-tag, the Redmi 5A has no formidable rival brand to match. The Redmi 5A flaunts sturdy shell on the back with a metallic matte finish and on the front, it sports a 5.0-inch HD LCD screen.
Under-the-hood, the Redmi 5A comes packed with a 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core, Android v7.1.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9, 2GB/3GB RAM, 16GB/32GB storage with up to 128GB storage via dedicated microSD in addition to two separate SIM slots, which was sorely missed in the predecessor Redmi 4 series.
It also comes with a 3,000mAh battery, which is capable of running the phone for 8 days under standby mode, the company claims.
As far as the camera is concerned, it houses a 13MP shooter with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus), LED flash support and on the front, the Redmi 5A features a 5MP snapper with f/2.0 aperture, Pro & Smart Beautify applications.
It has to be noted that Xiaomi is still continuing the Redmi 5A promotional offer in India. It is offering Rs 1000 discount to first five million consumers buying the base Redmi 5A (2GB RAM+16GB storage) model, thereby effectively selling it for just Rs 4,999. This is a great bargain for a smartphone with such specifications.
Tips and tricks on how to boost your chances at Xiaomi's Redmi 5A flash sale:
Firstly, in order to participate in the Xiaomi's Redmi 5A flash sale, prospective consumers should have personal account on Mi Store or Flipkart. It will be hosted simultaneously on both on the mobile app for smartphone users and also on desktop version, for those who prefer participating on their PCs.
- Registered customers are advised to log in to their respective Xiaomi's Mi.com store (Desktop version) account or Mi mobile App or Flipkart (Desktop or mobile app) and update the shipping address, so that you get the device to your cart, finish the payment transaction fast.
- Just minutes before the sale (12:00 pm), test the internet connection by refreshing the page at regular interval and also shutdown all other tabs on browser so that internet band is dedicated to Xiaomi and Flipkart flash sale webpage
- For problem-free experience, we advice consumers to login in to their respective Xiaomi and Flipkart account half an hour or 15 minutes before the sale.
- If you haven't saved credit/debit card details in the Xiaomi/Flipkart website, then make sure to keep the credit/debit card near you. If the payment is not completed within pre-set time, the product in the cart will be transferred to next eligible buyer.
- Its goes without saying that speed and timing is very crucial in this Re. 1 flash sale, as millions of people are vying to have to hands on the limited number of the Redmi 5A. So, be attentive in the final seconds of the flash sale countdown and when the clock strikes zero, click the buy button and finish the payment quickly or else the device will be forwarded to next eligible buyer.
Key specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 5A:
|Model||Xiaomi Redmi 5A|
|Display||5.0-inch HD (1280x720p) IPC LCD screen
|OS||Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9|
|Processor||1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core|
|Storage||16GB/32GB + expandable via microSD card to 128GB|
|Battery||3,000mAh with up to 8 days of power back under standby mode|
|Network||4G LTE with VoLTE (Voice-over-LTE)|
|Add-ons||Dual SIM slots (SIM1+ SIM2 + microSD card), Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), IR blaster, 3.5mm audio jack, A-GPS/GLONASS|
|Dimensions||140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm|
|Colours||Dark Grey, Gold and Rose Gold|