Xiaomi is tight-lipped about its upcoming flagship device dubbed as Mi 5 but leaks have revealed almost every detail of the device from release date to specifications to price.
It was earlier reported that Xiaomi Mi 5 will be released by the end of November. But it is expected to come early. The company has started sending press invites to its event to be held in Beijing on 19 October, hinting that its flagship device could be announced on that day.
The Chinese smartphone marker is yet to spill the beans on Mi 5 but several reports have claimed that it will come with specifications much superior to its predecessor.
Here are five feature upgrades expected over the Xiaomi Mi 4.
1) Display: The Xiaomi Mi 5 is expected to sport a 5.2-inch QHD touchscreen with 2560 x 1440 pixels screen resolution compared to 5.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels (441 ppi pixel density) seen in its predecessor.
2) Processor: The Xiaomi Mi 4 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 while its successor is expected to come with either Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor under the hoods.
3) Operating System: The upcoming device may come with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop while the Mi 4 runs on Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
4) Camera: The Xiaomi Mi 4 houses a 13 MP main camera and 8 MP front snapper, while its successor is expected to house a 16 MP main camera with optical Image stabilisation (OIS) and 5 MP secondary snapper.
5) Memory: Xiaomi's flagship device is expected to come packed with 32/64 GB internal memory and 4 GB RAM, while its predecessor had 16/64 GB internal storage and 3 GB RAM.
According to reports, Xiaomi Mi 5 will come with a 3,000 mAh battery, fingerprint sensor and Type-C USB port. It is also expected sell for $399, approximately Rs 26,500.