Microsoft has brought in improvements to its next-gen gaming console Xbox One, with the latest system update that would start automatically.
Major Nelson, in his blog post, noted that the company would release the system update, which is based on the feedback and input from Xbox Live members. He also explained that the company also plans to expand the number of members who can preview in future.
Here are the features that have been included in the new update that promised to improve friends list, Kinect voice and headset adaptor.
- Game Saves - Players can now check the status of their game saves, via game save progress bar. Also now players can check if any games or apps are running for updates or were recently updated.
- Improvements to Friends - Now players will get notifications as soon as friends and people set as favorites sign into Xbox Live. If a friend is in the multiplayer list, he will also show up on the friends list.
- Improvements in Kinect voice and motion - Gesture functions have been improved to reduce non-hand objects triggering gesture commands. Improvements in quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
- GameDVR video improved - The quality is improved after compression algorithm improvements.
- Blu-ray player - With this new update, Blu-ray players will be able to support 50 Hz video output for content recorded at 50 Hz. There will be an update for the Blu-ray player app.
- Controller and headset adaptor - Firmware updates have been rolled out for controller and headset adaptor, reducing audio static and will greatly improve the wireless connectivity.
- System update on demand - The update is automatic if the console is in Instant On mode and will be reverting to standby mode, when it is completed. So from now on, there is no need for customers to power on the console after the update is completed. Also, Microsoft has added a new feature in system settings, where it will be notified to you if any new feature has been rolled out for the console, and the system will not run the update till it is okayed by you.