Microsoft has released the details of its February system update for Xbox One. The new update will include some new changes and addition to the new console from Xbox One.
The new update will see game hubs being added that will provide its owners with game content with a list keeping owners informed on the games that their friends are playing and it will have all the information regarding some of the best games.
IBTimes India had recently reported on the possibility of transparent tiles in the January update, however, Microsoft has now announced that this will be part of the February system update.
The company says that this addition was the result of fan feedback it received. So this feature will be added to the Home tiles making your background images visible. The new update will add TV updates that will better live TV experience. It will also bring it to new countries like France, Germany, Brazil, Mexico and others.
Below are the full patch notes of the February system update for Xbox One (Major Nelson blog):
- Game hubs - New in preview this month, game hubs are the go-to centres for all sorts of interesting content around your favourite games. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see your friends who are playing the game, compete with them in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game's VIPs and top players.
- Custom backgrounds and tile transparency - We listened to your feedback and added additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can't be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.
- TV updates – We're releasing a lot of updates to the live TV experience and features are being released to additional countries in preview this month:
- OneGuide for the Netherlands – Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands and the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.
- TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the detailed OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending by a "Trending on Xbox" note and associated icon. Xbox – live TV trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all members in the US, the UK and Canada.
- Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.
- Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One will work even better with more devices. This month's preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.
- "Trick play" with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.
- Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
(YouTube Courtesy: Xbox)