As "WWE 2K17," the professional wrestling video game from publisher 2K Games, moves closer to its release date, the company has opened up on some of the game's core features and its chief focus. It has also noted that the game would feature a bigger roster than "WWE 2K16."
2K noted that it has strived to deliver authentic and realistic WWE experience when it comes to the gameplay of "WWE 2K17." Thanks to the feedback from fans, it admitted switching from "an arcade-centric, fighting game style to simulation-based gameplay."
Here are the changes it has made:
- Playable crowd and backstage areas.
- Updated game systems, especially for Ladders, Taunts and a new secondary submission system.
- Thousands of new animations have been added.
- Features new gameplay and gameplay improvements.
"WWE 2K17" Creation Suite allows players to customise, build and share WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more, which have been created by them.
Here are the changes:
- New creation features with more options in the creation. More parts, adjustment options and elements like body hair have been added.
- Added full Highlight Replay system. This can be used to record video highlights from the matches. This can be used in the new Create a Video feature (where players can create videos for using it in custom entrance)
- It also noted that it deepened the Create a Show feature.
- Added a new Create a Victory feature.
"WWE 2K17" will not feature 2K Showcase mode that focuses on the past WWE rivalries, as it had to include other historic WWE Superstars around the game's cover Brock Lesnar. It noted that this was not "viable due to the many historic WWE Superstars needed but not available for inclusion in the game."
The exclusion of 2K Showcase this year meant that 2K will improve WWE Universe Mode, where it will recreate the excitement that has been witnessed in Raw, SmackDown Live and NXT.
Here are the changes:
- It has created new flow focusing on shows like Raw, SmackDown Live and NXT.
- Game to feature new Show Presentation system.
- Added more intrigue and possibilities by incorporating run-ins, both pre and post-match attacks.
- Will add promos feature. Adds new Promo Engine for creation of promos.
- Revamped Universe Mode cut scenes
The MyCareer feature will also see some new features. Thanks to the new Promo Engine, WWE Superstars can be seen expressing themselves or can respond to other WWE Superstas.
Backstage interviews will be part of the game, due to the new backstage brawling gameplay.
2K has promised more information in the run-up to its release. "WWE 2K17" is expected to be released on Oct. 11 for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.