August 19 is observed as the World Photography Day. It is a special day for shutterbugs across the globe and for those who are fascinated by pictures.
The concept of celebrating photography originated after the French government presented daguerreotype process "Free to the World", invented by Joseph Nicèphore Nièpce and Louis Daguerre, as a gift to the world on 19 August, 1839.
Today, photography is considered as the most fascinating kind of art and some of the best explorers in the field have captured usual things in the most unusual manner. These famous personalities have inspired several aspiring photographers, not only with their lenses, but with their thoughts and words.
On the occasion of World Photography Day 2015, have a look at 20 best inspirational quotes on photography by renowned photographers.
1) "In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality."- Alfred Stieglitz
2) "The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much."- Annie Leibovitz
3) "You don't take a photograph, you make it."- Ansel Adams
4) "Photography helps people to see."- Berenice Abbott
5) A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know."- Diane Arbus
6) "A camera is a tool for learning how to see without a camera."- Dorothea Lange
7) "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."-Henri Cartier-Bresson
8) "Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow."- Imogen Cunningham
9) "Don't pack up your camera until you've left the location."- Joe McNally
10) "The eye should learn to listen before it looks."- Robert Frank
11) "Photographs open doors into the past, but they also allow a look into the future."- Sally Mann
12) "Photography is the power of observation, and not the application of technology"- Prerna Sharma
13) "When you photograph people in colour, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls"- Ted Grant
14) "The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality." – Scott Lorenzo
15) "Don't shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like."- David Alan Harvey
16) "The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do."- Andy Warhol
17) "If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."- Robert Capa
18) "What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce." - Karl Lagerfeld
19) "Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper... the photographer begins with the finished product."- Edward Steichen
20) "Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph."– Matt Hardy