Willow Smith, the youngest daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, is celebrating her 15th birthday on Saturday, 31 October. Like most celebrity kids constantly living in the limelight, Smith too is familiar with the paparazzi's judgmental eye.
Everything Smith does is closely watched and often misinterpreted. Because of the same, she has been the centre of outrageous rumours, most of which are misconstrued or even untrue. Here are a few of them:
- In May last year, Willow received flack for posting a black-and-white photo with then 20-year-old Moses Arias, who was shirtless. The couple looked very comfortable with each other while resting together on a bed, and many people felt the photo was overtly sexual considering their ages.
But her mother Jada had her back, and the fierce mother lashed out at all criticisers with "'Here's the deal. There was nothing sexual about that picture of that situation. You guys are projecting your trash onto it ... and your acting like covert paedophiles and that's not cool".
- Most teenagers would freak out if they were to hear that their parents are getting a divorce. But when Willow heard that her parents Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, who have been married for over 17 years, were getting divorced, she was smart enough to see the wry humour in it. "The media thinks my parents are getting divorced like every second hahaha!" she tweeted.
Willow and her brother Jaden are wise beyond their years. They have both been known to make some philosophical remarks that are definitely not expected of youngsters like themselves. Here are some of the birthday girl's quotes that will make you wonder how old she really is:
- I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that's how I know it doesn't exist.
- There're no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it's the best thing.
- I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, 'Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.' But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.