Actor-turned- Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader and former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh NT Rama Rao's son Nandamuri Harikrishna died in a road accident on Wednesday, August 29. The mishap took place on the Narketpally-Addanki highway in Nalgonda district, when Harikrishna was driving to Kavali of Andhra Pradesh to attend the marriage function of a fan.
The 61-year-old Harikrishna was driving the vehicle, when it crashed into a divider and turned turtle. He was thrown out of the driver's seat and fell on the highway. The politico was rushed to Kamineni Hospital in a critical condition. However, he succumbed to his head injuries at around 7:30 am.
Who is Nandamuri Harikrishna?
- Harikrishna, the fourth son of actor, director, producer and founder of TDP was born on September 2, 1956 in Nimmakuru of Andhra Pradesh.
- The deceased politico has been into acting since the 1960s and is best known for his works in Telugu cinema as a child artist.
- A few of his best known works are Sri Krishnavataram, wherein he played the role of little Krishna, Talla Pellamma, Tatamma Kala, Ram Raheem, Daana Veera Shura Karna Seetharama Raju, Laahiri Laahiri Laahirilo and Seetayya.
- He is the brother-in-law of AP CM Chandrababu Naidu.
- His sons Kalyan Ram, from his first marriage and Jr NTR, from his second marriage are popular Telugu actors.
- In 2008, he was a candidate of the TDP for election to Rajya Sabha from Hindupur in Anantapur district.
People from the film industries, politicians have taken to Twitter to express their condolences.