Instant mobile messenger application WhatsApp has received immense acclamation from users. With a rating score of 4.4 and a download number of more than a billion, the popularity of WhatsApp has now quadrupled with a Reddit user posting a screenshot of activating the voice calling feature in the app.
Through an intuitive interface, WhatsApp allows users to chat with individuals and in groups, send multimedia files including images, audio, map location and contacts for free. Though the app has some limitations it has been hugely adored by users.
Once the news of introduction of voice calling came out, users started updating the app. However, WhatsApp hasn't yet officially declared anything about the feature in their official page or App description in different app stores. However, there are several users including a few of us who have already activated the feature on their smartphones.
Here's what you need to do-
- Update the installed app from Google Play Store and iTune app store. If you're on a certain plan with limited data our suggestion is to update the app from http://www.whatsapp.com/download/.
- After opening the page, choose the platform of your smartphone e.g. iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone etc. Once chosen, the download page will lead you to download the latest update of the application. The latest Android update's version number is 2.12.7.
- Connect your smartphone through USB or some other connectivity mode and copy it somewhere on your phone's storage.
- Open any file explorer app, locate and click on it. The application will ask you to activate 'install application from external sources'. Activate it. And follow instructions.
- Once the update is installed ask any one who has already activated the voice calling feature on their phone.
- After receiving the call you'll see there's an extra tab 'Call' has been appended on the home screen beside chats and contacts.
Caution: Avoid any websites that claim to send invites. Those lethal traps can lead you to further risks and vulnerabilities.