Students who appeared for the class 10 and class 12 board exams in West Bengal can expect results on Wednesday, May 10, and Tuesday, May 16, respectively. Both the results will be available on the official website of the board.
Over 10 lakh students are said to have appeared for the class 10 exams, based on a new syllabus.
Here's how you can check the results online once they are announced.
- Log on to the official website of the West Bengal education board
- Click on the link – class 10 or class 12 results
- Enter the required details such as name and roll number
- Hit submit and the results will be displayed
- You can download the score card as well as take a print out
Among the 10 lakh students that appeared in the exams, 6 lakh are said to be girls. West Bengal education minister Partha Chattopadhyay believes this could be credited to chief minister Mamata Banerjee's Kanyashree scheme.
"Kanyashree has been a visionary idea by our chief minister, the positive impact of which can be felt in the sharp increase of female examinees in these two board examinations," Chattopadhyay told Hindustan Times.