Firefighters in the Spanish town of VilagarcÃa are shown saving the life of a cat in a thrilling video. The crew arrived on the scene of a burning house to find the cat convulsing on the floor from carbon monoxide poisoning.
They acted instantly, using a tiny oxygen mask to help the cat breathe and giving it a cardiac massage to keep its heart beating.
The video shows the cat coming round and miaowing loudly as its owner picks it up to the sound of cheering firemen. Thelocal.es reported that the cat was then taken to the vets.