ROM developer community, CyanogenMod, has released CM12.1 snapshot [stable] version for YU Yuphoria.
The new CM12.1 is different compared to the official Cyanogen OS 12.1 series. While the former has been created and tested by independent developers, the latter has been developed by dedicated software engineers of the company.
YU had claimed that Cyanogen OS 12.1 for Yuphoria entered final testing phase back in June, but it is yet to be made available for the device.
Tech-savvy YU device owners who are tired of waiting for the official version can try out the new CM12.1 version.
It is around 367MB in size and brings IMAP idle support, SDK v1 release and numerous bug fixes, including those to the Stagefright security loophole.
Prerequisites (Things to remember before installing the Custom ROM):
- Make sure the device is rooted before going ahead with custom ROM installation.
- The new CyanogenMod CM12.1 [official] Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM - has to be installed on the YU Yuphoria aka lettuce model only ; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Users are advised to pay close attention to the CM release version and check whether the version of their third party installs (kernels, mods, gapps, etc) are compatible with the custom ROM.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB driver in the PC, or else the smartphone (Yuphoria) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of manual software installation of Android devices. If the installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the device getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if devices get bricked.]
Downloadable Cyanogen CM12.1 (Android 5.1 Lollipop) files:
CM12.1 Custom ROM Snapshot [Stable] for YU Yuphoria (aka lettuce): HERE [Note: Build date: 01 September, 2015]
Cyanogen Recovery: HERE
Google Apps: HERE
Tutorial: Step-by-step procedure for installing CyanogenMod (official) CM12.1 Snapshot Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on YU Yuphoria (aka lettuce) model
Step 1: After downloading CyanogenMod CM12.1 [Snapshot] Stable Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM on to your PC, connect Yuphoria to PC via USB cord.
Step 2: Place CyanogenMod CM12.1 ROM zip file into the phone's memory (root-folder only).
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must be rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 3: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 4: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding – 'Volume Up + Volume Down + Power'- buttons.
Step 5: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 6: Clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 8: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'.
Step 9: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to software ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 10: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now your device (Yuphoria) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users can then head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod CM12.1 [official] Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on YU Yuphoria.