Samsung has already released the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in select regions across the world. It came with usual bug-fixes, improvements to TouchWiz UI and performance enhancing features.
However, if users are bored of TouchWiz interface and are looking for refreshing and also offer more personalisation options, then Team Emotroid have readied a new custom ROM. It promises numerous value-added features that you might want to try on your Galaxy Note 4.
Salient features of Emotroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM:
- Comes with 300 font styles
- 31 toggles switch options (which include torchlight, floating messages and more)
- 10 lockscreen clock style options
- Pulldown animation feature (by Mainfri)
- Network speed (simple and dual line)
- New Status bar feature
- More apps have been included in the Emotroid custom ROM to enhance user-experience on Galaxy Note 4.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- The new Emotroid Android v5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) international LTE models only; if tried on other devices, they might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Galaxy Note 4) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and it will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Emotroid Android v5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.1 Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, make sure that the device is rooted and has ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Come back to the main recovery screen and tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of Emotroid Android v5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]