Mobile software developer Resurrection Remix team has released new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM to the Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100).
According to Team Android, this new CyanogenMod custom ROM is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.0.2 Lollipop. It brings in lots of customisation options to boost device performance, visually appealing interface, shortcut for easy access to key apps and a lot more of personalisation options, as listed below:
- Quick unlock feature
- Toast animations
- Statusbar clock customisation + Second + fonts
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- All new music and audio fx app and other features from Cyanogen
- Network animations
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void, as they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- The new Resurrection Remix series custom ROM has to be installed on Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Also make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, else there is chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure do not yield required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Resurrection Remix Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, ensure that the device is rooted and has ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that users don't face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Now, come back to the main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S2) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Then go Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Resurrection Remix Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]